NTA Patents and Design Examiner Main 2024 results out now; interview will be conducted from April 1
NTA - PC : MRP Graphics
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared the results of the recruitment of examiners for patents and designs. The candidates who have qualified for the exam will be invited for the interview which will be conducted from 1 April 2024. 

This recruitment drive will fill out a total of 553 vacancies at the patent office which will be filled through the All India Competitive exam. This exam was conducted by NTA and 10,474 candidates appeared for the same.

The candidates who qualified for the prelims exam, in 77 cities throughout the country on January 25 and February 5. The descriptive exam was held for 14 disciplines.

According to the official notification, " The cumulative marks obtained in paper 1 and paper 2 will be given 80% weightage in the final list of qualified candidates. The remaining 20% weightage will be given to candidates’ performance in the interview round."

The candidates may note that the interview will be conducted from April 1 to 25 for the shortlisted candidates. The round will carry 100 marks and will test candidates’ knowledge in topics covered in the preliminary and main exams.

NTA declared that "the number of candidates who have been declared eligible for interviews is about five times the total approximate number of vacancies i.e. 553,” 

Candidates can check the official notification available on the official website for more details. However, a separate admit card will also be issued for the candidates notifying the venue, date, and time of the interview.