- PC : My Result Plus
The Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad will soon release the result for CAT 2021. The Common Admission Test, CAT 2021 was conducted on 28th November at various test centres across the country. The candidates who appeared for the test would be able to check and download the result from the official website- iimcat.ac.in. On 8th December 2021, the tentative answer key was issued and the candidates were given time till 11th December to raise an objection (if any).
This year, nearly 2.31 lakh candidates had registered for CAT 2021. However, a total of 1,91,660 candidates appeared for the entrance exam. The entrance exam was conducted at over 400 testing centres spread across 159 cities. As per the official notification, the marks obtained by the candidates in CAT 2021 will go through the process of Normalisation. This decision has been taken in light of providing equity and fairness to all the candidates who appeared for the test. Further, the Institute informed the candidates that the normalisation process shall adjust the scale and location differences of score distribution across different forms.
CAT 2021: Steps to Calculate Percentile Score
- Consider the number of candidates who appeared for CAT 2021.
- Based on the scaled scores obtained by the candidates, assign them a rank. In case two or more candidates get a similar scale score then assign the same rank to those candidates.
- By following the formula: P = [(N − r)/N] x 100, calculate the percentile score.
- The final percentile score can be rounded off up to 2 decimal places.
CAT 2021: Steps to Check Result
- Visit the official website of CAT at iimcat.ac.in.
- On the home page, click on the link named ‘Registered Candidate Login’.
- Enter essential credentials on the login page and click on the submit button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen. Check the result and download it.
- Keep a print copy of the same for future reference.
Related Articles on Results