JEE Main 2022: Tie-breaker rules
- PC : My Result Plus
JEE Mains 2022:
National Testing Agency (NTA), the official examination conducting body for JEE Mains 2022, has introduced major amendments to the tie-breaker rules for the exam. The changes have also been mentioned in the information brochure of JEE Mains 2022, which is available to view on the official website of JEE Mains at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Age factor has again been roped in as a criteria for breaking ties. Notably, this factor was scrapped back in 2021, but has been re-introduced this year.
JEE Mains 2022: Exam date
The Joint Entrance Examination (Mains) 2022 (JEE Mains 2022) will be conducted in two sessions. The first session will commence on June 20 to continue till June 29, while session 2 will be held from July 21 until July 30.
Also read: JEE Main 2022 Application Window Reopen, New Exam Date and Fee Payment Here
Negative marks will be awarded for wrong answers in both Section A and Section B this year. In Section B, the answer to be given by the candidate must be rounded off to the nearest integer.
Also read: JEE Mains 2022 Exam Date Revised, Check New Schedule Here
JEE Mains 2022: Tie-breaker rule
Candidates can go through the entire criteria to resolve the ties between candidates who have obtained equal scores in the examination.
- Score in Mathematics, followed by
- Score in Physics, followed by
- Score in Chemistry, followed by
- Candidates who have a low ratio of a number of attempted incorrect answers, followed by
- Candidates who have a low ratio of a number of attempted incorrect answers in Mathematics, followed by
- Candidates who have a low ratio of a number of attempted incorrect answers in Physics, followed by
- Candidates who have a low ratio of a number of attempted incorrect answers in Chemistry, followed by
- Age (whomsoever is elder will be given priority)
- Application number in ascending order