The application process for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) II is to commence from tomorrow i.e. February 8, 2019, by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The examination for the JEE Main April 2019 is expected to be conducted from April 6 to 20, 2019.
It was decided by the HRD Minister last year that the exam will be conducted twice a year.
If a student appears for the JEE (Main) twice, the best of the two scores will be considered for the admission process, as per the agency.
Eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019:
- The candidate who wishes to appear for the exam must score at least 75 percent in class 12 board exams or a place among the top 20 percentile of the Boards in order to be eligible for JEE main or advanced.
- Whereas for candidates belonging to the SC and ST categories, the minimum required percentage is 65 percent. To ensure delivery of tests just in time, these examinations will be using highly secured IT software and encryption.
This will ensure no leakages and other malpractices
Important dates to remember:
- February 8 to March 7, 2019: Online submission of application forms
- March 18, 2019: Downloading of admit cards
- April 6 to April 20, 2019: Dates of examination
- April 30, 2019: Declaration of results
Related Articles on Exam Alerts