- PC : My Result Plus
The extended application process for the GATE 2021 with regular fees is concluding today, October 07, 2020, by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, IIT Bombay. Earlier the last date to fill the online application form with regular fee was September 30. The Institute has extended the application form last date after several requests received from the candidates. However, candidates can fill the online application with an additional late fee of Rs.500/- upto October 12, 2020.
GATE 2021 - Revised Dates
GATE 2021: Relaxation In Eligibility criteria
|GATE online registration process Start Date
||14th September 2020
|Last date for the online registration process
||30th September 2020
|Extended closing date of REGULAR online registration/ application portal
||7th October 2020
|Last date for online registration with an additional late fee of 500
||12th October 2020
|Last date of intimation to Registered Candidates after Scrutiny
||21st October 2020
|Re-opening of GOAPS Portal for Successfully Registered Candidates to change Category / City / Exam paper
(Change of City is FREE and extra 500 for Category and Paper Change)
||28th October 2020
|Last Date for change of Category, City & Exam Paper
||13th November 2020
|Admit Card release date
(for download and printing)
||8th January 2021
|GATE 2021 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2021
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Result announcement date
||22nd March 2021
According to the new eligibility criteria, students in the third year of their undergraduate programmes will also be eligible for GATE now.
Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2021 is relaxed from the minimum 10+2+4 (ongoing) to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing), enabling even those in the third year of their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination.
GATE 2021 - How to apply online?
Official Website: gate.iitb.ac.in
GATE 2021: Exam Pattern
- Candidates will be required to visit the official website of IIT GATE at gate.iitb.ac.in.
- Go through the detailed information brochure such as; important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee, etc.
- Click on the new registration link and generate user id and password.
- Now candidates will be required to fill in the detailed application form and upload necessary documents.
- Cross-check the application form and pay the required application fee online.
- Submit the application form and take print of the confirmation page.
- Candidates are advised to keep the copy of application form safe for future use.
As per the revised exam pattern, the candidates will also have to answer Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) in GATE 2021. Previously the candidates only used to answer Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type Questions (NATs). Now the candidates have to answer MSQs also. The sections wise marks has also changed as given below:
- Engineering Mathematics - 13 Marks
- Subject Questions - 72 Marks
- General Aptitude - 15 Marks