- PC : Self
The application process for the CAT 2019 is ending today, September 25, 2019, at 05:00 PM. This year the IIM CAT 2019 admission process is conducted by the IIM Kozhikode, Calicut, Kerala.
The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) on Sunday, November 24, 2019, in two sessions.
Candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October 23, 2019, onwards, till the date of the test.
IIM CAT 2019: Exam pattern
- The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen.
- The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of a basic onscreen calculator for computation.
- Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 16, 2019.
- Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
The CAT website contains a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that addresses some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2019. Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk over email or phone.
There will be three sections (overall 100 questions carrying 300 marks):
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension - 34 Questions on Limited Topics, carrying 102 Marks
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning - 32 Questions on changed topics every year, carrying 96 Marks
Section III: Quantitative Ability - 34 Questions with more focus on Arithmetic, now carrying 102 Marks
Click Here to Visit the Official Website
IIM CAT 2019: Syllabus
||Grammar, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Sentence completion, Fill in the blanks, Jumbled paragraphs, Para Completion and inference, Foreign language words used in English, Contextual Usage, Sentence correction, Analogies, Different usage of the same word, Idioms, Verbal Logic, Antonyms, One-word substitution, Para jumbles
||Reading Comprehension Passage
||Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Proposition, Series, Direction Sense, Assumptions, Clocks and Calendars, Statements, Puzzles, Family Tree, Data Arrangement, Binary Logic, Venn Diagram, Syllogism, Sets, Data Structures, Seating Arrangement.
||Tables, Casslets, Data Sufficiency, Line Graphs, Pie Charts, Bars
Also Read: CAT 2019: Application Process Concludes Today, Apply Now
||Geometry, HCF and LCM, Trigonometry, Algebra, Averages, Partnership (Accounts), Profit & Loss, Time Speed and Distance, Mensuration, Surds and Indices, Quadratic and linear equations, Ratios and Proportion, Percentages, Surds and Indices, Geometric Progression, Inequalities, Number system, Work and time, Logarithms.
CAT 2019 RESULTS AND SHORTLISTING:
- Information related to the CAT 2019 results will be tentatively available starting from the second week of January 2020 on this website.
- The list of candidates shortlisted for the next level of selection will be made available on the website of the respective IIMs. Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly.
- The criteria for shortlisting vary across IIMs. Please visit the admission websites of the respective IIMs for further information.
- Please note that IIMs shortlist candidates for the interview stage based on their own criteria, which may be independent of each other.
- The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Performance in the CAT 2019 examination is an important component in the admission process.