UP Budget 2022
- PC : My Result Plus
UP Budget 2022:
The Government of Uttar Pradesh presented the UP Budget 2022-23 today on May 26 in Vidhan Sabha. While presenting the state budget worth Rs 6 lakh crore for the current year, finance minister of the state, Suresh Khanna, laid emphasis on ramping up the educational and employment status of the people of the state. At the same time, he also underlined the government's aim to create more employment opportunities for the people of the state. Some of the major announcements for the education and employment sector are described below.
Terming the state budget for the year 2022-23 to be a 'Vision for the next 5 years', Chief Minister of the state, Yogi Adityanath stated during the tabling of the budget that the budget has been made keeping in mind the aspirations of people belonging to all sections of the society.
UP Budget 2022: What does the budget hold for the employment sector?
The targets set by the State Finance Minister for the employment sector are as follows.
UP Budget 2022: Prospects for the education centre
- A target of investing Rs 40,000 crores and provision of at least 4 lakh job opportunities by means of Information Technology and Electronics Industry Policy has been set for the upcoming 5 years.
- The government looks forward to establishing 800 units in the year 2022-23, to provide employment to 16,000 people through the Mukhya Mantri Gramodyog Rozgar Yojana.
- A total of 7,540 new teaching posts have been introduced, while 40,402 teachers have been appointed in the state.
- 10,000 new Nursing posts have been roped in, to which the candidates will be recruited in the upcoming years.
Various announcements made by Minister Khanna for the education sector have been mentioned below.
What Lies Ahead For Higher Education?
- The government aims to distribute 2 crore tablets and smartphones across the state in the upcoming 5 years, for which a provision of Rs 1500 crores has been announced.
- To sow seeds of entrepreneurship and innovation among the youth of the state, the target to establish at least 1 incubator and a maximum of 100 incubators, seconded by 10,000 startups has been finalized for the next 5 years.
- The government has also come to the aid of the students preparing for Competitive exams, by introducing the Mukhya Mantri Abhyudaya Yojana, through which Rs 30 crore will be provided to impart coaching facilities to aspirants.
- An expenditure of Rs 500 crores has been proposed for increasing the number of seats in MBBS and PG courses.
- New nursing colleges will be set up across the state, for which an amount of Rs 25 crores is to be spent.
- A provision of Rs 100 crore 45 lakhs has been announced for the establishment of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical University in the state capital Lucknow.
- Rs 2,100 crores will be spent for the new medical colleges, which are midway construction in 14 districts of UP.
- A provision of Rs 113 crores 52 lakhs has been proposed for the establishment of AYUSH university in Gorakhpur.
- An expenditure of Rs 10 crores has been finalized for the setting up of smart classes in the government colleges of the state.
- In order to complete the ongoing construction work of the buildings in government colleges, a provision of Rs 200 crores has been announced.
- Meanwhile, the setting up of 75 new government colleges is in progress.
- Free online Sanskrit training will be provided to students at Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya in Varanasi, for the establishment of which, a provision of Rs 1 crore 16 lakhs has been announced.
Related Articles on Current Affairs