CBSE Board Exams 2022
- PC : My Result Plus
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has made a big announcement today pertaining to class X and XII Board examinations for the year 2022. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused uncertainty around board exams from the past two years. Both students and schools have suffered a lot throughout the pandemic situation.
After considering all the circumstances the Central Board of Secondary Education aka CBSE Board has decided to divide the academic session d into 2 Terms with approximately 50% syllabus in each term. The syllabus for the Classes 10 and 12 Board examinations for the academic year 2021-22 will be rationalized.
Changes Introduced by CBSE
CBSE Internal Assessment Scheme
For Class 10th Board Exams 2022:
- The first term examination will be held in November-December while the second term examination to be held in March-April.
- The academic session will be divided into two parts, with 50 percent syllabus in each session.
- CBSE will rationalize the syllabus of class 10th and 12th for 2021-22.
- The new syllabus may be notified by the end of July 2021.
- In 2022, efforts will be made to make internal assessment, project work more reliable and valid in class 10th, 12th board examinations.
- CBSE will facilitate schools to upload marks of Internal Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
For Class 12th Board Exams 2022:
- CBSE will consider marks scored in Classes IX-X throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II.
- This would include the 3 periodic tests, student enrichment, portfolio and practical work/ speaking listening activities/ project.
Click Here to Read Official Notification
- CBSE will consider marks scored in Classes XI-XII throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II.
- This would include end of topic or unit tests/ exploratory activities/ practicals/ projects.
The CBSE has also introduced the revised patterns for class 10 and class 12 exams. The CBSE term-I exams will have MCQs including case-based MCQs and assertion-reasoning type MCQs. While, paper-II will have questions on different formats. Also, if in case the situation is not conducive in March 2022, the schools will hold a two-hour exam in term-II.
Related Articles on Current Affairs