Career in Indian Armed Forces
- PC : My Results Plus
Students passing class 12th year will have a lot of careers option to choose from, sometimes the vastness of career opportunities after passing the 12th examination can be overwhelming, and the dilemma about what courses to opt for can become overbearing.
So, If you are one of those students who has always been passionate about serving the motherland by being a part of the Defence forces then, we have curated a list of the most lucrative option that you can choose to join the elite Indian Armed forces
The National Defence Academy is the joint training institute of the Indian Armed Forces where cadets of the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Forces train together before they join their respective forces. After the completion of training, the cadet will join their respective defence forces as Officers.
The NDA examination is administered by a premiere examination conducted body Union Public Service Commission(UPSC). The students who want to get into the NDA will have to clear the written Exam, Services Selection Board (SSB) Interview and Medical Examination.
Every year the NDA Examination is conducted two times. Generally, the NDA 1 exam is conducted in the month of April and the NDA 2 is conducted in September.Aspiriant who are planning for NDA must know the basic eligibility criteria for successfully applying for the entrance test:
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- A candidate who is appearing in class 12th can also apply for the NDA Entry.
- There is a strict age limit for applying for NDA. The Candidate must be between 16.5 years old to 19 years old.
- The candidate applying for the NDA Exam must be physically as well as medically fit in all manners.
TES 10+2 Entry:
Students who are passionate about serving the nation but find themselves more inclined toward technology, then the Technical Entry Scheme is the best option for them to choose.
Through, this entry the candidate will join the Indian Army as an Engineer/Officer. The TES 10+2 Entry is also one of the most elite entries in the defence forces. TES is conducted by the Indian Army twice a year. Once in the Month of January and the other in October
For selection into the TES 10+2, the aspirants are exempted from the NDA written test conducted by UPSC, but the shortlisting for the SSB Interview will be based on their JEE Main scores and Medical test. There are basic eligibility criteria for applying for this Entry that the aspiring candidate must be aware of:
- The candidate must have passed their 10+2 with a minimum of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics. Besides the passing criteria, the candidate will be shortlisted for the SSB Interview based on their JEE Main scores.
- The candidate’s age must be between 16 ½ to 19 ½ at the beginning of the training.
- The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit to qualify for this entry.
Indian Navy B.tech Entry:
The entry is for the students who want to join the Indian Navy as an Engineer. The selection process for this entry also has multiple levels. First, the candidate must have qualified for the JEE mains examination, then the candidate will have to give SSB Interview, Medical Test. For this entry also there is an exemption from NDA written exam.
The Indian Navy B.tech entry is the best technical defence course in India after completion of class 12th. Every year the recruitment process is organised twice, generally in January and September Eligibility criteria for applying to this course are:
- The candidate’s age must be between 16 ½ to 19 ½ years only eligible to apply for this training.
- The Candidate will be shortlisted for the SSB interview based on the marks scored in the class 12th Board as well as in the JEE mains Examination etc.
- The Candidate must pass the class 12th board with a PCM stream with a minimum of 70% marks and 50% marks in English.
MNS Entry (Only for Females):
The Military Nursing Service is among the most lucrative defence services reserved for females who have passed 12th. the Candidate qualifying for the MNS will become an officer in the Indian Army specialising in the medical field.
The work description is similar to civilian nurses but they are trained to handle much worse conditions because they have to be operational in warzones too.The Selection process for MNS includes a written test, an interview and Medical exams; Some general eligibility criteria for applying for MNS entry are:
- The Candidate must be between the age of 17 and 25 years.
- The Candidate must have qualified 12th examination in the first attempt with PCM or Biology stream.
- The Minimum height required to be eligible for MNS is 152cm and the Eyesight must be 6/6.
Airforce X and Y Group:
The Airforce X and Y groups entries are for the selection of aspiring candidates into the technical and non-technical profiles of the Airforce. Through the Airmen entry the candidate can join the Airforce as a technical-Incharge, Airforce Police, Airforce Commando or the administrative branch, etc.
The Selection process entrails a Comper-based Online exam, physical test and Medical test. The Basic eligibility criteria for this successfully applying for this entry are as follows:
- A candidate must have passed Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics, and English with a minimum of 50% marks in total and 50% marks in English subject.
- The Candidate Must be between the age of 19 and 24.
- The Candidate Must be physically and mentally fit.
These five Defence entry explained above are one of the best options, if you want to serve as an officer in the Indian Armed forces. We hope that this information is insightful for you. Keep visiting for more your website for more careers guidence articles.
Related Articles on Career