Stream Selection After 10th
- PC : My Result Plus
Stream Selection After Class 10:
Every student vision some dreams in childhood to design their career in a way to fulfil their ambition. Students put their first step in the same direction by selecting the stream after passing matriculation exams. Most of the state boards have announced the class 10th board result while few major boards are yet to announce the result. Meanwhile, all such students might be in the dilemma of choosing a stream (Science, Commerce, Humanities or Arts) to distinct their career and achieve the desired goal.
After qualifying the class 10 board examinations, students who are unaware of their disguised qualities and have not yet decided career path, find it difficult to choose the exact stream. Moreover, the students who face peer pressure or have misconceptions about stream selection are sometimes steep in erroneous decisions whose effect they face later throughout their careers. So while making the decision about choosing the accurate stream one should keep these points in mind;
- Field of Interest,
- Strong Subject,
- Career Aim,
- Passion and Dream, etc.
Students should note that after qualifying class 10th board exams they will get to choose among Science, Commerce, Humanities or Arts streams. However, these streams are traditional streams that students generally prefer while opting career in Engineering, Accountancy or Civil Services. Throughout this article, we will learn about these three streams and the elective subjects which can be preferred by a student according to his/ her interests.
A student whose learning skills are strong can prefer to choose the science stream. One who is constantly scoring decent grades in their academic path can choose this stream to build up a professional career in Medical, Engineering or any other field. The stream consists of 3 primary subjects, and 2 elective subjects. The students can also choose additional/optional subject in order to manage a good passing percentage for admission in top universities.
- Primary Subjects - Physics, Chemistry, English, Hindi or Any other Language Paper
- Elective Subjects - Mathematics, Biology
- Additional/ Optional Subjects - Computer Science, Informatics Practices, Economics, Psychology, Biotechnology, Home Science, Fine Arts, Engineering Drawing, Physical Education.
All those students who aim to build their career in trade, business or finance can opt for the Commerce stream. There is a wider career option and courses available with this stream. The stream is most preferable for the students who score average marks in their academics. There are 4 primary subjects, 1 optional and 1 additional subject in the Commerce stream.
- Primary Subjects - Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, and English
- Elective Subjects - Mathematics, Physical Educational
- Additional/ Optional Subjects - Informatics Practices, Physical Educational, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Psychology, Legal Studies, Multimedia, and Web Technology and Fine Arts.
Humanities or Arts Stream
In the past few years, it has been observed that students are taking more interest in Humanities or Arts stream in comparison to other streams. It might be due to the growth of vocational courses in our country or the interest of students in government job oriented exams. This stream also opens doors to wide career opportunities for students. There are 4 primary subjects, 1 optional and 1 additional subject in the Commerce stream.
- Primary Subjects - History, Geography, Political Science, and English
- Elective Subjects - Arts, Physical Educational
- Additional/ Optional Subjects - Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Fine Arts, Literature Subjects, Home Science, Physical Education, etc.