MCC to declare NEET UG 2021 Counselling dates soon
- PC : My Result Plus
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is going to announce the NEET UG Counselling 2021 details anytime soon on their official website mcc.nic.in. The MCC has already announced the dates for NEET PG Counselling 2021. Nearly 8,70,074 candidates cracked the NEET UG 2021 exam, who will now face the counselling session to gain admission into undergraduate courses in various medical colleges.
MCC is the body responsible for conducting the counselling sessions for NEET UG Admissions, which has introduced certain changes in the counselling process this year. The MCC has also released a notice in this regard. MCC NEET Counselling 2021 will unfold in four rounds, namely, AIQ 1, AIQ 2, AIQ mopup round and AIQ stray vacancy round. However, fresh registrations will only be invited in AIQ Round 1, AIQ Round 2 and AIQ Mopup round. Candidates willing to accept the seats allotted to them in AIQ counselling round 2 will not be able to appear for further rounds of counselling. In addition to this, the candidates are not allowed to resign from the joined seat.
NEET Counselling 2021 is expected to begin soon for UG courses as the Supreme Court pronounced its verdict on Central Reservation Policy on January 7, 2022. Every year, MCC conducts NEET UG counselling rounds for 15% AIQ seats and 50% AIQ seats for NEET PG.
Existing reservation policy for NEET Counselling:
NEET Counselling 2021: Central University Eligibility Criteria
- Scheduled castes candidates- 15%.
- Scheduled Tribes candidates- 7.5%.
- PwD- Horizontal reservation as per NMC norms
- Other backward castes- 27%.
- EWS- as decided by the government- 10%.
- Delhi University (LHMC, UCMS, MAMC): 15% AIQ seats and 85% institutional quota seats for candidates who have completed their intermediate from Delhi.
- Aligarh Muslim University: 50% Institutional Reservation applies for AMU school candidates who have been studying there from the last 3 years. The remaining 50% seats are open for All India candidates.
- BHU: Seats open for All India Candidates.
- Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi: 3 BDS seats reserved under JMI Internal Quota and rest 47 seats open to All India Quota candidates. Students of Jamia who have completed +2 from there can apply for JMI Internal Quota.
- VMMC and SJH: 15% seats open for All India and the rest fall under Institute Quota for students who have done +2 from Delhi.
Related Articles on Admission