JoSAA Counseling 2021
- PC : My Result Plus
After the declaration of JEE Advanced result, the counselling and seat allotment process will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSA). Keep in mind, the result of JEE Advanced 2021 will be declared on October 15. JoSAA Counseling, conducted as a centralized online admission process, admits candidates who qualify for JEE Advanced to IITs, NITs, IITs, IIITs and other-GFTI colleges.
For this, the candidates who have qualified for JEE Advanced will have to fill the courses and colleges of their choice in online mode and apply. Candidates should note that JoSAA counselling will be conducted in multiple rounds.
JoSAA 2021 Counseling: 10 Important Points
- Registering through the official JoSAA 2021 online portal for the candidates to be able to get the seats to be allotted through JoSAA 2021 in any IITs, NITs, IITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) is mandatory. The category-wise seats along with the academic schedules will be announced on the online portal josaa.nic.in.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced 2021 to participate in JoSAA counselling.
- Candidates who have qualified in JEE (Advanced) 2021 and appeared in JEE (Main) 2021, entered in the database provided by JEE Apex Board 2021 [which conducted JEE (Main)-2021] Only the category of the qualified candidate will be considered by the Joint Admission Board 2021 on the basis of document verification.
- All the candidates appearing for JEE (Main)-2021 are considered while preparing the rank list and are allowed to fill their choices. The rank lists provided by the JEE Apex Board will be used without any change even if two or more candidates have the same rank; In other words, JoSAA2021 will not impose any tie-breaking norms/rules.
- The vacant General-EWS and OBC-NCL category seats will be de-reserved and treated as open category seats for allotment in each round of seat allotment. However, SC and ST category vacancies will not be unreserved.
- All JEE (Advanced) 2021 qualified PWD candidates, desirous of getting a seat in IIT through JoSAA, are required to visit any IIT for physical verification along with a copy of the PWD certificate.
- While accepting the seat online, the candidate has to choose any one of the options - 'Freeze', 'Float' or 'Slide', for the choice of the academic program for subsequent rounds.
- At the conclusion of the combined seat allotment and seat acceptance, candidates will have to report at the admission institute, complete all admission formalities of the institute, confirm the admission and start the academic session.
- The candidate who has already accepted a seat in any one of the IITs allotted by JoSAA-2021 can withdraw the seat by reporting online.
- Candidates who have confirmed a seat in IIT in any of the first five rounds of JoSAA, and who do not take back the confirmed seat in the fifth round of counselling, become ineligible for JEE (Advanced) in subsequent years.
Related Articles on Admission