UGC NET 2022: Registration extended till May 30
- PC : My Result Plus
UGC NET 2022:
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has extended the application deadline for UGC NET 2022 exam till May 30. Notably, the application process had concluded on May 20, 2022 and the official examination conducting body had also made the application edit window functional on the official website. Hence, candidates interested in applying for the UGC NET 2022 exam can submit applications till May 30 on the official website of UGC NET at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. The application link will be re-activated soon on the aforementioned website.
Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC), M Jagadesh Kumar, informed about the extension of the UGC NET 2022 application window on Twitter on May 22. Kumar's tweet read, "After receiving representations from the candidates for the extension of UGC NET 2022 application forms, it has been decided to allow desirous candidates to fill and submit application forms till May 30, 2022".
Check latest tweet by UGC Chairman here
UGC NET 2022: Important Dates and Events (Revised)
UGC NET 2022: List of Documents Required For Applying
- Date of release of UGC NET 2022 Application form: April 30, 2022
- Final date to fill application form: May 30, 2022
- Last date for application fee payment: May 30, 2022
- UGC NET 2022 exam date: June/July 2022 (tentative)
Candidates must keep the following documents ready before applying for UGC NET 2022 exam.
UGC NET 2022: Registration Steps for the exam
- A copy of the University/board certificate.
- Identity Proof such as passport/Aadhaar card/Ration card or others.
- Code of NET Subject
- Code of the subject pursued at Postgraduate level
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Mobile number of the candidate along with the email address.
- Final semester mark sheet/Qualifying degree certificate
- Scanned copies of candidate's signature and photograph
Candidates willing to apply for the UGC NET 2022 exam must abide by the following steps mentioned herewith.
About UGC NET Exam:
- Log on to the official website of UGC NET 2022 at ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Click on the application link for UGC NET December 2021 and June 2022 merged cycles, which will be activated soon on the website homepage.
- Then click on the option that reads 'New Registration'. Fill in all the details to complete the registration process, after which the UGC NET 2022 registration number will be sent to your respective mobile number.
- Proceed to fill the application form for the exam. Enter details in all required fields and upload scanned copies of necessary documents in the prescribed format.
- Make payment of UGC NET 2022 Application fee and preview the application form once.
- Finally, submit all the details and print a hard copy of the confirmation page for future references.
National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam anchored by the National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) to choose candidates eligible for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in the colleges and universities of the country.
The NTA has not yet announced the dates for the conduct of UGC NET 2022 exam for the December 2021 and June 2022 merged cycles. Registered candidates must keep a close check on the official website of UGC NET for latest exam related updates.
Link to official website: ugcnet.nta.nic.in