After a long struggle for independence, our country was liberated on August 15, 1947. Until then the Britishers had the right in our country and the growth in their hands.
After the country became independent, freedom fighters and politicians of our country decided to make a constitution for the bright future of the country.
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar under the chairmanship of Dr. Rajendra Prasad and other great thinkers today wrote the entire constitution on 26th November 1949, 2 years, 11 months and 18 days later.
The constitution of any country is helpful in understanding the activities of the judiciary and the executive. On January 26, 1950, the Constitution of India came into force.
Let’s know about the constitution of some countries, when it came into existence, when they were amended and what is special about that constitution.
The world's biggest constitution is the Indian constitution:
- Our Constitution was completed on November 26, 1949, but it was implemented by the Government on January 26, 1950.
- Indian constitution is the largest constitution of the world.
- It has 448 articles and 12 schedules. So far, 100 amendments have been made in this.
- The Constitution of India was handwritten in Hindi and English.
- Its original copy is kept in a helium-filled case in the Library of Parliament
America has the smallest constitution:
- The United States Law was implemented on September 17, 1787, and is the world's smallest constitution.
- There are mainly 7 articles in which detailed and rights have been discussed.
- It was implemented throughout the country until 1789.
- It has been amended 27 times so far.
- It is said to be the world's oldest and shortest constitution.
Germany got the constitution in 1949
- The Constitution was passed on May 8, 1949, with the Basic Law and was implemented on 24 May 1949.
- Earlier in 1848 people had raised their voice for basic rights.
- Along with the creation of the Nerd German Confederation in 1867, the new constitution was adopted.
- The Weimar Constitution 1919 was implemented here in 1919, but people took objection due to many loopholes in it.
- After a long debate and drill, the Basic Law was implemented in 1949.
China Changed Constitution Five Times
- The constitution, enacted on December 4, 1982, is the fifth Constitution of China.
-It was amended in the years 1988, 1993, 1999 and 2004.
Before the establishment of the Communist Party of China, the work was done in accordance with the constitutions created in the years 1954, 1975 and 1978.
- The constitution here came into effect on 5 February 1917.
- According to the conditions there, the constitution changed many times.
On 22 October 1814, the first constitution of this country was enforced.
Further, on October 4, 1824, the Constitution was amended again, but it also had a sense of dissatisfaction and in 1917 it was once again amended and enforced.
- After the independence of Morocco in 1956, amendments were made in 1962, 1970, 1972, 1992, 1996 and 2011.
- The first constitution was enforced across the country on December 14, 1962.
- The Constitution was amended in 2011 after several protests and demonstrations.
- Accordingly, the position of the king was changed to the Prime Minister (PM) and the responsibility of taking the decisions related to the country was given to the PM only.
Related Articles on Current Affairs